SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While in Lockdown conditions I've been working on a new sail cover for the boat with my LZ1 Sailrite sewing machine. I notice in the Sailrite videos that they show that to reverse stitch one holds down the lever and it springs back when released. My machine did not do that I have to physically move the lever up to go back to forward stitch mode. It has been that way since I got the machine. I contacted Sailrite and a Tech sent me a link to a video on how to make the stitch lever spring back. I watched the video but, first mistakenly loosened a screw on the wrong cam. The lever now sprang back but it sewing direction was now in reverse. Not really usable and very confusing.

I sent another email to the Tech around 6:30PM on a Friday night. Totally expecting not to get an answer until Monday at the earliest. Instead I had an Email reply waiting on Saturday morning with a link to another video showing how to adjust the Cam I mistakenly loosened. I could now continue on my project over the weekend. I'm posting this because while Sailrite Sewing machines are pricey but, they are built well and their customer service is excellent.

·
12,160 Posts
Totally agree on the Sailrite company and support.
My wife does ALL our canvas for the last 12 years. It has saved us big buck.
Their customer service is excellent and a great resource

Reactions: mbianka

·
Tartan 27' owner
5,242 Posts
I don't own an LZ1 sewing machine but have bought a fair amount of supplies from them and they have always been excellent.
Disclaimer: no affiliation with company. Just a happy customer.

·
Barquito
3,500 Posts
Sailrite is really a good resource for sailors. Do they even have competitors who are providing similar materials and service? As far as I can tell they have their niche to themselves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts