SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was given a older pvc zodiac with a number of leaks. I seem to have successfully dealt with those in the tubes but dispite glueing and then coating the seams with aqua seal the floor still leaks apparently at the seams. (It is the type with slats and the floor was almost completely off when I started.) I hesitate to try and start over. Is there some kind of liquid rubber or the like that I could use to coat the entire bottom. West Marine has a liquid rubber product for dinghy fabric (expensive) and the local hardware store has a liquid roofing product that is very cheap. Any suggestions? Thanks, Greg

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
If the dink is PVC and it has been left out in the sun long enough, you won't really be ale to patch it. PVC breaks down under UV and may not be repairable.

·
Bombay Explorer 44
3,619 Posts
You could try some SLIME. How Much SLime Do I Need - SLiME Tire Sealant & Repair - Buy Online Today.

I had a similar problem with a very old dinghy that I wanted 18 months more from. Poured it in, reinflated the dink and worked it around the seams by standing it in different positions. It did not work forever but I got a year before the leaks became serious again.

Worth a try and not too pricey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.