SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was given a older pvc zodiac with a number of leaks. I seem to have successfully dealt with those in the tubes but dispite glueing and then coating the seams with aqua seal the floor still leaks apparently at the seams. (It is the type with slats and the floor was almost completely off when I started.) I hesitate to try and start over. Is there some kind of liquid rubber or the like that I could use to coat the entire bottom. West Marine has a liquid rubber product for dinghy fabric (expensive) and the local hardware store has a liquid roofing product that is very cheap. Any suggestions? Thanks, Greg

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
If the dink is PVC and it has been left out in the sun long enough, you won't really be ale to patch it. PVC breaks down under UV and may not be repairable.

·
78 Posts
Re the Wet Bond, I coated the seams. If you go this route, make sure it cures before any pressure is put on the seams
Don

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Funny you should ask,

A friend recently sent me this photo of a dink very similar to yours that belong to the boat moored next to him.

Attachments

·
Registered
994 Posts
The NRS website sells a two-part liquid urethane sealant called Flexseal. It is poured inside the tubes and spread around. It's made to seal pinhole leaks. It's expensive, about $50 for a quart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts