SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a west marine brand zodiac the other day given to me, but the floor had come loose from the bottom of it.
So a little research on the net and came up with a glue that so-far seems to work really well and is a lot cheaper than the stuff you buy from marine dealers.
This glue is sold over the net and is called HH-66. It is for PVC dinks.

·
Asleep at the wheel
3,016 Posts
I have a PVC inflatable by Bombard (also a Zodiac company) and my floor is coming off in a few small places. Someone recommended Seal All, and I just did the repair with it over the weekend. I'll try to update this once I've gotten the dinghy in the water, and again toward the end of the season. Would you mind updating the thread too?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lot of people make the mistake of hypalon and pvc in telling which is which. This you need to know when using the correct glue selection.
Best way to find out is go to the manufactures website then put in the model number.
Then order the correct glue.
Yes .... I have made the mistake of using the wrong glue also.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm the guy that did the video on Utube inflatable dinghy repair. HH-66 is a great glue for reattaching bottoms and hardware. The first one I did for the video is till holding up after 3 years. Currently I'm adding a 3" strip of vinyl shower flooring material 1.5" on either side of the seam. Here's a photo of one I've just finished. The type washes off with acetone. You can buy the material by the yard at Lowes For very small breaks I would use the West Marine glue. It's the strongest thing ever, but just too expensive for the whole bottom.

Bill

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm the guy that did the video on Utube inflatable dinghy repair. HH-66 is a great glue for reattaching bottoms and hardware. The first one I did for the video is till holding up after 3 years. Currently I'm adding a 3" strip of vinyl shower flooring material 1.5" on either side of the seam. Here's a photo of one I've just finished. The type washes off with acetone. You can buy the material by the yard at Lowes For very small breaks I would use the West Marine glue. It's the strongest thing ever, but just too expensive for the whole bottom.

Bill
Bill
Thanks for the post and watching the video on youtube you did was very informative ... you do excellent videos ... keep up the great videos

Safira

1 - 6 of 6 Posts