SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 1982 Commodore 26'' in need of repair. During winter storage the inside flooded -- what a mess. I need to replace interior cushions and do some general maintenance. I am really in need of any information on the boat that I can get. The previous owners are of no help here.... I have looked on the web for information on the manufacturer and can''t seem to find anything. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!
debsailor

·
Registered
202 Posts
Look on BoatSearch here on SailNet. There is a Commodore 26 (1986) for sale by owner with a posted evening phone #. Maybe that person can give you info on the boat.
Rob
~~~~_/)~~~~

·
Sunset Mariner
10 Posts
Hi. I have a 1982 Commodore 26 myself, and wondered if you ever got any useful info. As with you, the prior owners of my boat were not forthcoming with information. I did find out that the manufacturer(Commodore Yachts)had folded some years ago. They apparently didn''t make/sell too many boats. I did try to contact some of the names in Cruising World''s "Another Opinion" list ($5.00) but didn''t get any response. If you get any feedback from other owners, maybe it would be worthwhile to form an owners'' association...

Henry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Commodore

Hi Henry,

I myself just purchased a Commodore 26 and am having trouble locating any history or information on the boat. Did you find anything of interest since this post?

Thanks!

Hi. I have a 1982 Commodore 26 myself, and wondered if you ever got any useful info. As with you, the prior owners of my boat were not forthcoming with information. I did find out that the manufacturer(Commodore Yachts)had folded some years ago. They apparently didn''t make/sell too many boats. I did try to contact some of the names in Cruising World''s "Another Opinion" list ($5.00) but didn''t get any response. If you get any feedback from other owners, maybe it would be worthwhile to form an owners'' association...

Henry

·
Registered
1 Posts
ID#s are for Commodore Yacht

I Have a 25 ft Sail Boat and Was Sold to Me as
a ODay 25 1980. it has a 2ft draft and a wheel.
but the ID is for a Commodore Yacht]
Did Commodore Make Sail Boats For ODay?
ajmrfixit, I Love this Boat It's on Lake Seminole,Fl.
I Bought it down at Naples,Fl and sail it up to St.Pete,

·
Commodore T-26
8 Posts
Commodore 26

I have owned a Commodore 26 (also known as the Commodore T-26...the T stands for trailerable) for about 5 years. I have been doing a comprehensive refit and know pretty much about every inch of this little cruiser. I am into the final major project of dealing with the concrete and steel ballast that Commodore used. The boat was originally designed for Columbia Sailboats by Alan Payne (Australian 12 Meter designer). He designed the Columbia T-23 and this T-26 along with several additional models for Columbia. Commodore bought the molds form Columbia after they folded and modernized the rig and greatly upgraded the interior. If you do a search for Columbia T-26 you will see the similarities. Anyway, I love the design for spending long periods of time in the Bahamas yet trail to to distant waters now that I am getting closer to retirement. Let me know what questions you may have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sail Dimensions for Commodore 26

@Sailorman321

My commodore is a Fractional Rig, is that the upgrade to the sails you mention? My mainsail is also a cut down sail from a 33' (I am guessing because it has 33 on the side of the sail) and does not fully shape properly as it should apparently. Do you happen to have the sail dimensions for the main and foresail? I am eventually going to want to replace both and it would be nice to have it handy for the sailmaker.

Thanks,

Tony

·
Commodore T-26
8 Posts
Commodore 26

Sorry Progresst, haven't been on in a while. Yes, Commodore changed the rig to a fractional from the masthead that Columbia had. I'm not sure of your sail number but probably the production number of your boat. I think that was pretty close to the end of the manufacturing run. Your sails are most likely original and therefore have lost their shape. I have a lot of info, the original brochure, some of the design drawings etc for the boat. Will see about getting them to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all. I am new to the sailing community, but have been lurking for a while. I recently acquired an '81 Commodore T-26, and will be spending the next year or so fixing her up before I get her on the water. Looks like some good info around here, and I'll probably be picking some of your brains.

Thanks, Mike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, i just bought a commodore T-26.Just want say thanks.Ive got more info here in few minute,Than any where else.I will need some questions answered,so any help in appecited. thanks Jason

·
Commodore T-26
8 Posts
Commodore T-26

Mocepts and Rhodesia...Having totally restored and sailed a Commodore T-26 over the last 6 years I am happy to help with any questions you might have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Commodore 26 owners. I am interested in getting a trailer for a 1982 Commodore 26.Is there a particular trailer manufacturer that makes a suitable trailer or are they customized for this boat model?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking at a Commodore T-26 tommorow, so if it's a mistake- please tell me now!LOL...looks like it's in good shape & the price seems right,so it mite be the one. I'll be sailing it up & down the gulf coast of Florida from charlotte harbor area.;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks like this thread has been dormant for a while.... Sailor man are u still out there?
I just got a C-26 (1982)and can't wait to get it out on the water...
It would be really nice to have some info on the boat.
Thanks,
Walt

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and am pleased to see interest to the commodore 26. I have a restored my Commodore 26 from ground up including all new gelcoat top and bottom with a black hull and white waterline stripe. Anti skid on the top is tan. Updated to wheel steer etc, basically a new boat from bottom up! Last year a big improvement was the rear rail seats with drink holders.Custom made them myself. Really added room for the cockpit. The sails are from FX sails and they should still have the specs I sent them. I have offshore main and genoa, maybe 130%. My speed increased by 2 knots with there sails as the originals were all out of shape. I highly recommend FX. They got it right with this boat and are extreme quality and the lowest price I found. Edson wheel-steer was a huge improvement and gave us the big boat feel and added room to the cockpit also. Very easy to install. Bought it used. This boat is well worth the work as I have found it is rock solid hull ( half inch thick in places). I have been in very extreme conditions where all boats returned to shore and she took it with ease (double reef in the main is a must). This is a boat where you have cobwebs in your bilge area.

I have lots of tips for restoring and doing it right if anyone is still interested just let me know. I will see if I can put pictures in here as I am new. I love to talk commodore as sailing is our lifestyle here in MN 4 months out of the year. Still on the trailer now as it simply will not get over 60 degrees and stop raining.

Fair winds everyone!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Fatcatsailor...Hopefully you have been sailing since you posted last. Did you ever get any photos of your boat posted? I'd love to see them. This Spring I got a 82 Commodore 26 and have been sailing it. I have some questions about the standing rigging, running rigging and the like...
Since your boat has a trailer, I'd love to get the specs on the trailer...the one that I got is a bit small for the 26.
Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Mac, Not had a chance to do pictures yet. Congrats on your fine boat hope its treating you well so far. I can get you all the specs you need on the trailer and such. Take pictures etc. Mine fits like a glove and is very nice. My boat is sailing nice and fast as usual, well when the wife is not along lol. She likes calmer days. I will see if I can PM you with some info.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts