SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 3 Posts

· Senior Smart Aleck
2,150 Posts
Reaction score
My brother-in-law passed away three weeks ago in southern Chile. He left behind two large sailboats...
Habla con un abogado in Chile...

What legal right do you have to deal with the property? Why is this your problem? Why are you raising this issue on a sailing forum?

Brother-in-law died testate or intestate? Who are his heirs under Chilean law? Who is the personal representative of the estate? Is there a right of survivorship on the title documents?

This doesn't pass the smell test...

· Senior Smart Aleck
2,150 Posts
Reaction score
It would be nice to know what the OP has decided and what he is doing with his boats now. Winter is coming to The Southern Cone.
Lots of newby OPs disappear never to be heard from again. Plenty of posters seem to have no existence in real life. Some of the posts are so incredibly stupid as to be beyond belief and/or normal experience (not this one necessarily).

It would be nice to know what percentage of the newby posts are legitimate, and which are people starting new conversations for the sake of generating posts, simply having fun, trying to sell something, trying to scam someone, spreading a virus/worm link (click on this link/photo because I am conducting a research survey), pretending to be someone, etc. I am guessing maybe 75% legit -25% fake.

It would be great to create a system requiring verification of a real live individual behind each poster to eliminate the scammers, sock puppets, undisclosed commercial interests, etc.

I know, I know, I know, the administrators check to make sure each member has a unique IP address - that doesn't really do anything.

1 - 2 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.