SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sent a note to Mack Boring's fuel shop, but it was returned undeliverable. Somewhere, I think I recall reading they weren't doing injector work anymore.

Anyone know a quality shop to have a set of Volvo Penta injectors cleaned and tested? I'm not in a hurry, so I could ship nationwide. More important that they are a quality shop with Volvo experience.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Just about every large town in the country above 15000 population has an 'injector shop'. There is really nothing 'special' about Volvo injectors, .... except high price.

·
Registered
23,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would not be so sure. The one I know locally has techs like that dumb guy with the hammer in the old commercial "I always wanted to work on a transmission". They don't do much more than stick them in an ultra-sonic cleaner and ship them back.

Unfortunately, I think the injectors on my model Volvo are not serviceable, just cleanable, so I want them both cleaned and checked for spec.

·
██▓▓▒▒░&
13,645 Posts
Not an injector shop, but a whole mechanical shop with extensive Volvo experience, Vosbury Marine in Annapolis. (Who are either in the 1 or 2 day ground delivery zone if you are using UPS from Mass.)

[email protected]

A family business but all true professionals, they set a high bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts