SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25,123 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sent a note to Mack Boring's fuel shop, but it was returned undeliverable. Somewhere, I think I recall reading they weren't doing injector work anymore.

Anyone know a quality shop to have a set of Volvo Penta injectors cleaned and tested? I'm not in a hurry, so I could ship nationwide. More important that they are a quality shop with Volvo experience.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Reaction score
Just about every large town in the country above 15000 population has an 'injector shop'. There is really nothing 'special' about Volvo injectors, .... except high price.

·
Registered
25,123 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would not be so sure. The one I know locally has techs like that dumb guy with the hammer in the old commercial "I always wanted to work on a transmission". They don't do much more than stick them in an ultra-sonic cleaner and ship them back.

Unfortunately, I think the injectors on my model Volvo are not serviceable, just cleanable, so I want them both cleaned and checked for spec.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.