SailNet Community banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
In installing an X5 the instructions say to mount controller "min 0.8m (2'6")" from compass.

Presuming most would mount controller on steering binnacle and have compass there also, what gives ?

·
Registered
249 Posts
In installing an X5 the instructions say to mount controller "min 0.8m (2'6")" from compass.

Presuming most would mount controller on steering binnacle and have compass there also, what gives ?
With my S-1 controller, C80, and wind instruments on the binnacle, the binnacle compass is useless. I've been meaning to see of there is a way to recalibrate it. I really wish these companies wouuld think more about magnetic shielding.

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
I must confess that I use our GPS compass more than the main magnetic though I fully intend to have the main compass re swung once this install is complete.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have installed the X-5 a year ago and I am really disappointed about the performance on waves. Through the gyro sensor the unit reacts heavily on rolling of the yacht, resulting in a pumping motion of the rudder. See video (comparison with old Navico / Simrad) . For video see YouTube - Raymarine X-5 vs Navico TP30 Comparison watch?v=czikxpzYjVI (sorry, not allowed to post a url)

61 - 64 of 64 Posts