SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up an Origo 3000 on ebay and were looking for suggestions on the best way to mount it. I know it sits on the counter, but what would be the best way to ensure it stays there? Hooks? Velcro?

Thanks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mine doesn't sit on the counter. It is in a recessed, square, opening in the counter and hangs on gimbals.

·
Administrator
Farr 11.6 (Farr 38)
9,708 Posts
Origo makes a great gimballed mounting kit for their stoves. What is neat about it is that it can be lowered very quickly which allows the stove sit on a flat surface when not being used so it does not rock and roll when you are sailing, and then quickly be raised and operate as a gimballed stove. They also sell very effective pot holders which clamp onto the burner rails.

I had a Origo 3000 on my prior boat that I owned for 14 years, and it was a wonderful stove. I liked the 3000 so much that I removed the propane stove and system from my current boat and installed a Origo 6000 which I have used for the 13 years that I have owned her.

You can see the gimbals and pot holders in this catalogue here: http://www.dometic.com/d23b666d-f37b-47f8-9cdd-c9ae628dee8e.fodoc

Reactions: cthoops

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are going to pick up the pot holders at the Defender sale this weekend, but we were hoping not to have to get the gimbals just yet. It sounds like that might be the most practical solution though.

I'm glad to hear you've liked your Origo so much. We used the grill last season which was nice, but I'm looking forward to having a few more options for lunch/dinner.

·
Learning a bit every day
214 Posts
Love my Origo stove . The gimbals here in the UK are quite pricey. I got a set of gimbals made for a different stove from ebay for a tenner and used those instead. Not sure which stove they were meant for but after drilling/djusting them slightly they work very well. Saved me 50 quid !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts