SailNet Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tundra Down
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your boat insurance's impact on where and / or when you use your boat?

Down

·
Registered
674 Posts
NONE. Yet. I can get coverage to take it outside Chesapeake Bay.

Singlehanding coverage for offshore... that's another matter. :(

·
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
4,526 Posts
Just the usual limitations about being outside certain areas at certain times. Actually my policy does not say you can't do it, just that the deductible is much higher.

·
Over Hill Sailing Club
3,688 Posts
Been out for about a month now, a bit earlier than usual and have noticed the sailing fleet in Fl. is still pretty thin. Much of this is likely due to insurance date restrictions.

·
Registered
605 Posts
My BoatUS policy covers me in the Pamlico Sound and vicinity. For my trips outside (coastal NC) I call them and get 2 weeks of extended coverage for $25

Singlehanding coverage for offshore... that's another matter. :(
this has me wondering ... is coverage different for singlehanding? I've never heard of that before.

·
Master Mariner
9,117 Posts
I have Erie Insurance Exchange, very low premium, no limitations of any kind, and excellent service.

Gary :cool:
Do they do offshore and Caribbean, or only the US like boat US?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I know there were no restrictions for me going to the Bahamas, BVI or Dry Tortugas, but I didn't check beyond that. No weather or hurricane zone restrictions either.

Gary :cool:

·
69' Coronado 25
323 Posts
All of the left coast (west coast) out to 75 miles.

·
Registered
24,048 Posts
Must be out of the water by Dec 1 and not in before Apr 1. They seem pretty flexible on these. I've called to get in a week early with no problem, for example.

Coverage is East Coast US plus Bahamas and Leward Islands. However, I can't be below something like the Georgia boarder after Jun 1 and before Nov 1. Makes it sort of moot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts