SailNet Community banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Dirt Free
2,933 Posts
You name me one university, college or government recognized trade school that offers a diploma or a degree or a government recognized trade certificate that states you are a marine surveyor and I will eat every word I have typed.

I'm not going to stoop so low as to call anyone a liar but I am calling you on this ebs001.
SUNY, State University of New York, Lloyds Maritime Academy in LOndon UK.

·
Dirt Free
2,933 Posts
While it was established by the US Congress, and enforced by the Coast Guard, I believe Chapter 155 is what you are looking for:

It has been updated at various times in my life such as adding a requirement to provide bilge ventilation for gasoline powered boats. I owned a 1939 Stadel Cutter with a gasoline Universal Blue Jacket engine. (2 cyl. half of an Atomic 4). The main electrical power switch and the ignition switch were knife switches located right above the carburetor. After seeing that, I understood why the law was needed.

Jeff
I see nothing about propane in the link provided. I have current copies of all CFR's regarding pleasurecraft and nowhere can I find any reference to propane.

·
Dirt Free
2,933 Posts
While it was established by the US Congress, and enforced by the Coast Guard, I believe Chapter 155 is what you are looking for:

Jeff
PS.
It is a bit of a quagmire trying to follow this stuff through the gov't websites however it appears the act you provided was instituted in 1940 to codify Title 46 of the CFR's.
The last revision of CFR Title 46 was in 2006 and makes no mention of propane on pleasurecraft.
The only reference to propane is in Subpart 25.45-2 which applies only to commercial vessels.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts