SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was down to the boat yesterday and poking around in the lockers under the V berth where the holding tanks are located, and noticed

1) the capped through-hull fitting for the knot-meter (old paddle wheel lying next to it still connected to electrical system) LOL

2) what appears to be a potted transducer or sensor which is mounted exactly center just about 12 inches fore of the keel. (wire appears to be a insulated twisted pair that has been snipped off about 12 inches from the sensor)

I never noticed this before until I started looking around for a spot to mount an in-hull transducer. So then, I went down under the boat to look and sure enough there is bulb of sorts molded into, and protruding from the hull just in front of the keel.

Is this a feature of the C&C 25 or did someone have this custom installed? I wonder if the transducer can be used by other depth finders?

I am going to snap some photos today while down there, so you guys can see what I’m talking about.

·
19,488 Posts
The 'snipped-off' transducer is probably the original depth sounder transducer. It may still be functional... do you have information that it's not?

The 'capped' knotmeter is to allow the boat to be lifted in slings without damaging the paddlewheel... that's likely why the "old" paddlewheel is still attached. If the rest of the system is still in place it may actually work if you reinstall the paddlewheel when launching.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts