SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in a Neptune 24. The boat seems run down. This is the CB version of a 1981 Neptune 24. The interior cabinetry and wall near the CB is rotting. It seems to come from the deck (near the mast electrical cable boot) but not sure. Is it easy to change the interior walls or is this considered structural and should be done by professionals?

I'm more of a handyman and less of a sailor... but not afraid to dig in and try.

Thanks

·
Tartan 27' owner
5,242 Posts
NEPTUNE 24 CB sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com

I am not familiar with this model/make but chances are that an interior wall would be load bearing or structural. I would not say that changing the interior wall is easy but I doubt you would want to pay a "professional" to do it for you. A little carpentry, a little epoxy/fiberglass work and a good bit of research on your part should get the job done.

Make sure that the center board (CB) trunk is not in danger of leaking or rotting.

·
Registered
865 Posts
At epoxyworks.com find and read the article on "Replacing damaged bulkheads". With that information in mind you'll be able to assess whether this something you want to undertake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts