SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The documentation on the Interlux site and the cans for 2000E both say to mix it in a 3:1 ratio. Yet, it comes packaged as 1 gallon of A and 1 quart of B, which is a 4:1 ratio.

What gives?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I never thought about it, but that would explain why I always have some part B left over. I mix it the way the directions say to and it's always been easy to work with, and very durable at 3:1.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
The gallon can only contains 3 quarts, add 1 quart part B to it ---- --PRESTO 1 gallon, a 3-1 ratio. but I could be wrong
Sulli is correct....There's only 3 quarts in the gallon container, leaving room for the 1 qt. of part B.

If you won't use the whole gallon to coat whatever you're coating per coat. ...just use a measuring cup and a different container.. to mix up only what you need for each coat. ( 3 to 1 ratio).

If I recall there's about a 3 hour cure period, between coats. However, The last coat before bottom paint should be thumb print tested. ( if you can leave a print without material coming off on your finger it's ready for bottom paint).
This will give the bottom paint better adhesion.

You also want to use paint rollers that are made for chemical applications. The standard latex or oil paint rollers that you find in the stores might shed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts