SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 1980 Cheoy Lee Perry 35 and am getting her back in shape. The boat is equipped with an IMI Combi System. I noticed several threads on this system but they did not close. Does anyone know of a source for schematic diagrams for this system?

·
Registered
306 Posts
There's good news, and there's bad news. The good news is that this presents you with a marvelous opportunity to upgrade your instruments. The bad news is that that instrument is probably beyond repair and there is no source for parts that I know of. Maybe you could find a serviceable unit for sale on e-bay or Craig's List which would postpone the inevitable...but it is not worth the effort, in my professional opinion, EXCEPT for the fact that the hole it leaves behind is both ugly and hard to disguise with any other instrument.
Howard Keiper
Berkeley

·
Registered
270 Posts
- question -

just bought a 1979 Islander 30 - and notices this 'electrical' box - looks like a old EQ from a radio.

The 4-5 turn dials ( knobs ) are labeled - night lighting, digital lighting.

What exactly is this, and what does it do?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just posted a photo in the member gallery.
apparently it is going to my instrument panel above the wheel ( I do not have any instruments in that panel ).

let me know what you think.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well here is another story...

Remember the IMBI Combi system I told you guys about?
Remember the wiring associated with the 'missing' parts that I was contemplating cutting and throwing away ( because the company went out of business in the early 80's ? ).

and remember the 'gaping hole' in the enclosure above the wheel ?

PREPARE YOURSELF.........

I went to a 'yard sale' for boats.. some random boating stuff put on by the marina and came upon this 'thing' that looked like it would fit the enclosure, that had the words IMBI on it.... Depth finder and speed gauge..

$ 10.00

Went to the boat, plugged in the serial cord, and placed it into the perfectly shaped enclosure... flipped the nav breaker.. and waaalaaa - IT WORKS.

What are the chances I would find this ?????? Please see member galleries....

http://www.sailnet.com/photogallery/showphoto.php/photo/7322/cat/500/ppuser/166433

this is unbelievable...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts