SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Senior Moment Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the shelf life of unopened Interthane Plus?

I inherited three one liter kits that are pretty old - 10 years+ but they have never been unsealed and are still completely liquid (when shaken).

Obviously if I call International Paint they'll say I need to buy new so I'm hoping someone here has some actual experience with it when it's been sitting around.

Am I asking for trouble using it? I only need to paint three glass hatches and a bow platform so I figure it won't be a disaster if it goes bad on the first hatch but I'd like to know beforehand if possible.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I wouldn't write off calling them to ask. They'll tell you what they know. If they actually say it's too old, then you'll be right, and if you use it, you won't be surprised if it fails. If they say it's still ok to use, then you'll be wrong, and it should last at least 10 years. We painted our deck with the OLD version of their 2 - part polyurethane (can't remember the exact name now - maybe it was just Interthane?) and that's how long it has lasted. Improvements since then should mean the newer versions should last even longer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts