SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to All,
I’m a male sailor, just retired, at age 60. My favorite mod of transportation is out of Old Saybrook, CT, a Westerly Griffon, I purchase for my 50th b’day. Originally sailed out of Milwaukee WI. but moved to Northampton, MA, in 1979, were I currently reside
My sailing experiences so far is moving a Westsail from Hampton Virginia to Nantucket, sailing a Beneteau First 32 from Bar Harbor, Maine to Buzzards Bay MA, then single handed my boat from East Boothbay, Maine, to the mouth of the CT River, otherwise sailing around Cape Cod and the lower East Coast.
Looking to sell the Griffon and purchase a catamaran and travel. Would also like to crew for awhile to get the feel of other boats, and get out of this Arctic freeze, maybe sail there, were I understand it’s warmer!
Found myself on this site looking into info/options and so far very pleased.
Cheers All,
Scott

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Welcome nice to hear from you! Lots of information here , With a lot of great sailors. Sounds like you Have a lot of expirence yourself!...Dale

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dale,
Thanks for helping me aboard.
God.......... Eagle River, Haven't been there since I was a wee lass. My mother was born in Greenbay and lived in Canan Wi, near the Jump river which is in the middle of no where.......... I doubt the town still exists. We had family with a cottage on Mirror Lake. Milwaukee is my home town, the whole family moved away, scattered in the wind so to speak.
Are you a native Wisconsinite?
How are you managing the polar vortex but then again that is nothing new for WI.
Cheers,
Scott
Grefyne
Westerly Griffin, 1979
Old Saybrook

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Donna,
Oh boy. I type too fast, old work habit. I meant wee Lad.
The only recent life changing experience was retiring…………..
Cheers,
Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts