SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are in the process of planning a year-long cruise to the Bahamas from Lake Ontario. I did the trip in 1978 in a smaller boat (CS27).

Looking for information and tips to make the trip easier and more enjoyable.

In the process of upgrading our 1981 CS36 Traditional for the journey.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Welcome aboard, Rob!:)

We have quite a few members that have made or are making similar trips. You should find some good resources here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Full disclosure

Just read the material on full disclosure.

Would like to add - I was a sailing instructor/evaluator for over 15 years (CYA and ASA) as well as a boat broker. I left the industry in 1990.

The purpose for joining SailNet is to discover more information about refitting my 1981 CS36T. Out of my search for good information (often hard to find) I identified a need for more detailed instructional video.

informedboater dot com was officially launched Feb 14, 2009 with a lot of support from the boating industry in Southern Ontario.

When we find useful information, we will create an appropriate video. Currently working on commissioning and decommissioning. Our policy is that all safety related material is no charge. However, we are a commercial enterprise. We respect and protect copyright and personal information.

Please let me know if that violates any of the terms of use of SailNet.

Sincerely,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts