SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a 10/4. The swing Keel is missing, Can I find or build a new one ?
What are they made of ?

Of all the specs i have found on the boat, none mention an "Atomic II " as factory but the owner of this one says it is. He is not the original owner but says he has the paperwork to show it came with the Atomic II ?
How much loss of performance would there be if I buy the boat and decide to raise the Boom and shorten the Main by about 10 inches so I can install a Bimini that can be used while sailing and at the same time keep the Boom above Head Banging level.

Any other info about these boats would be great.

Thanks for any and all help/suggestions

Brian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Capt. King

I have an Irwin 10-4 and modified the mast and raised the boom by 8 inches permitting me to raise the Bimini top so I can stand under upright.

I have made so many modifications that it is too lengthily to list. If you are interested email me at [email protected] .com and we can set up a time to speak on the phone.

Capt. King
You can quick reply if you wish

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just now made it back to this site. I thought it would let me know if there was a reply to my message but I guess not. I hope to be looking at another 10/4 soon. I will get back to you because we do like these boats and will want as much help as we can get, if we buy one.
Thanks and I look forward to talking to you some time

1 - 3 of 3 Posts