SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
trishmac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The backstays on my main mast interfere with the swing of my boom. Anyone else have this problem? Fixes?

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
The backstays on my main mast interfere with the swing of my boom. Anyone else have this problem? Fixes?
Are you holding your boom up higher than normal to accommodate a bimini?

I doubt that this has been a problem since the boat was first commissioned so something must have been changed somewhere along the way. What was it?

If necessary, it is fairly easy to shorten the boom, but modifying the sail may cost you some money.

·
trishmac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just looking on the internet for pictures of Irwin 41 rigging and I think I see that the my main backstay rigging and the mizzen forestay rigging are reversed at the chainplates. But not sure due to photo resolution. My main backstays are on the chainplates located on the coaming of the center cockpit.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
I was just looking on the internet for pictures of Irwin 41 rigging and I think I see that the my main backstay rigging and the mizzen forestay rigging are reversed at the chainplates. But not sure due to photo resolution. My main backstays are on the chainplates located on the coaming of the center cockpit.
Please post a few pics of your boat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts