SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Barking Dog
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We actually never put the sails up, but we did deliver our boat from Boston to Martha's Vineyard last weekend. I'll post some pictures soon.

The marina where I keep my boat for the majority of the season just had their first launch today.

Anyone else start the season yet?

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Not yet, two weeks til I can splash mine. :(

·
Registered
967 Posts
Damn.....

I am jealous.

My boat is still undercover. It's just above freezing here at night (Boston), so there is not a lot one can do on the outside. I have a few areas of "bondo" on my keel. With the cool temps, can't do that. Until I do that, can't paint bottom. Can't paint the bottom, so can't wax the boat.

It's supposed to rain this weekend, so maybe I'll change the fuel filters, drain the AF, and put in new coolant, and the new impeller.

I supposed to be one of the early birds at my marina and I'm still going in around May 4. Last year I was in on May 1.

DrB

·
Registered
935 Posts
Well...... not really Sailing. I brought my boat across the bay to Portsmouth for some hull and keel work last Saturday. Actually the sails are still in my cellar and I don't know when I'll get the boat back.... :(

·
Registered
232 Posts
In the water, but still finishing some interior work. Craig (Kindofblue) - are you in MVY during the season? We are there pretty much July - November except for a couple of August weeks Downeast. We will be in LI Sound area until mid June when we'll do the Bermuda Cruising Rally with Dan's group; returning to MVY from Bermuda on/about 4 July. Let me know if you're around and we could kill a glass or two.

·
SailAway
166 Posts
Same position as jarcher. Bunch of projects to finish up under the cover so looking at mid to late May. You know what I will be working on today.

·
1977 Morgan OI 30
438 Posts
May 1

And its coming fast. I want to make it but fear I'll need another week to do finish getting ready. Hope to see the Volvo racers from the water.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Bottom's done, davits installed, I'm taking off the cover tomorrow, and we splash this week. Teak decking gets installed in cockpit this week or next, and then we pretty much are ready to go! I figure we actually will get underway and hoist some sail the weekend of April 18, if all goes as expected. Then I'm out of pocket for a few weeks as I start an arbitration hearing (which most inconveniently has been scheduled during sailing season).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts