SailNet Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I"m travelling to Houston lately for work. Actually, I'm in Houston right now, enjoying an *absolutely delicious* steak.

I'll be here again in April and wondering if anyone needs any crew. I may be a bit jittery from a winter's worth of sailing-withdrawal, but can still handle a winch and bring the beer.

Regards,
Brad

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm surprised you haven't got any response from this. There's a ton of sailing around Galveston Bay but I guess they are actually out sailing instead of being armchair admirals. If you make it to Lake Charles which is two hours east I'll get you out sailing. Skip the beer and bring rum. I'm usually not sailing at breakfast.

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
I"m travelling to Houston lately for work. Actually, I'm in Houston right now, enjoying an *absolutely delicious* steak.

I'll be here again in April and wondering if anyone needs any crew. I may be a bit jittery from a winter's worth of sailing-withdrawal, but can still handle a winch and bring the beer.

Regards,
Brad
Brad - I just saw this. Our boat is in Kemah. We would love to see you and take you out for a sail.

When will you be here in April. Let me know and we'll set it up.

Steve

·
Wandering Aimlessly
22,036 Posts
Where you at in Kemah smacky? I started out from Marina del Sol (about mid-lake).

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great responses, thank you.

I fly in to IAH on Monday the 21st of April. I couuld make it an early morning flight, which would mean an afternoon of sailing. The 22nd to 24th is all work. I fly back Friday the 25th, probably an early flight.

So sailing Monday afternoon would be priceless.

I was on our boat (on the hard) 2 days ago. It was blowing 20+ and was bitter cold. I nice sail would be excellent!

Regards,
Brad

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Great responses, thank you.

I fly in to IAH on Monday the 21st of April. I couuld make it an early morning flight, which would mean an afternoon of sailing. The 22nd to 24th is all work. I fly back Friday the 25th, probably an early flight.

So sailing Monday afternoon would be priceless.

I was on our boat (on the hard) 2 days ago. It was blowing 20+ and was bitter cold. I nice sail would be excellent!

Regards,
Brad
I think we can make that happen! I'll PM you my email and cell number.

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Smacky,

I'll call you.

Regards,
Brad

·
Wandering Aimlessly
22,036 Posts
If you're renting a car, be sure to have some small bills for the tolls between 225 and I-45 if you take 8 (the ring road) to I-45 (unless you head east on 225 to 146 and come in that way).

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Going back to Houston in early June. Date is still flexible. If anyone needs help with some sailling, please let me know!

Regards,
Brad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts