SailNet Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
Yup. Currently in 34720th place. Sounds grand doesn't it. Something to do.
Logged in as Taleria. You?

Hey kiddo, how they hangin' ?

Welcome to SailNet.

This leg is not looking overly wonderful for the good ship "Moist Marsuspial" but soldier on we shall.

I did make it into the top 50,000 but dropped 85,000 while I was driving home fro the office......sheesh.

Problem is , methinks, that this leg is just too long a haul.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey "Moist Marsupial" its a long leg. Plenty of time for problems to overcome and opportunities and the roll of the dice. You have a nice gust coming around. Might push you a bit faster. So far I've been pretty lucky. I'm a sailor not a racer but this is giving me some good practice reading the forecasts and making some good guesses. Just jumped to 15353. I expect to drop back a bit with this lull I'm in.

Hey kiddo, how they hangin' ?

This leg is not looking overly wonderful for the good ship "Moist Marsuspial" but soldier on we shall.

I did make it into the top 50,000 but dropped 85,000 while I was driving home fro the office......sheesh.

Problem is , methinks, that this leg is just too long a haul.....

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
It's a very cool game. Last night I was in 1450th place. Now I'm in 4651st position. Presently I'm in a lull, and losing positions, but it goes up and down throughout the race. At the start of this leg, I lost about 120,000 positions within a few minutes.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I'm in with two boats

Misfit Toyz and MisFit Toyz2. Both boats have different tactics. MisFit Toyz, currently in 47,000 place, is betting that driving east of the orange line will be the right move allowing it to broad run later to get speed and positions. This assumes that the current wind patterns hold.

MisFitToyz2, roughly in 12,000 place, is betting that staying close to the orange "course" line will pay off with a shorter, possibly slower route.

In Leg 4, I bet that going west around Taiwan was the best route and was right, finishing in 5000 place after being in 50,000th place three days before. Those that tried to follow the eventual winner Aldabra on the east side got stuck in flukey winds and really lost time. Apparently there was a 24 hr wind to get through the slot with favorable conditions. After, that, the winds were very strong and on the nose of the boats trying to follow.

The game is amazing, even with the little quirks.

DrB

·
Registered
994 Posts
Currently I am in 57th place for leg 5 im logged in as Bebeis think I am gonna name my boat that when shes all done. this has been keeping me entertained while sitting here at my desk

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts