SailNet Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Aspiring to be a Mexican
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to navigate the Latts & Atts online edition and I am surprised to admit that I can't do it. After a few minutes I realized that rather than feeling relaxed and interested, I was annoyed and tense and worried that I would accidentally click on the wrong part of the page and end up in the macerator again.
Am I really this inept? Even with no beers on board?

·
██▓▓▒▒░&
13,641 Posts
Everyone keeps thinking they can reinvent something better than PDF but the reality is...PDF is pretty damn good. There should be a button someplace to let you dl the entire issue as a PDF file, and then you can use any of your familiar PDF readers and tools to look at it.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Everyone keeps thinking they can reinvent something better than PDF but the reality is...PDF is pretty damn good. There should be a button someplace to let you dl the entire issue as a PDF file, and then you can use any of your familiar PDF readers and tools to look at it.
Not to mention easy to print ...

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,901 Posts
You can actually disable printing on PDF's when they are first generated to prevent people from downloading and printing. Kind of a handy feature for copyrighted material.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I go full page with the on-line edition and use the top commands or just the drag and drop which seem to work very well. Heck I love it but still buy the hard copy when I have a chance to. Still like the paper versions when I can get them.

You do need a good wifi connection and when on the boat they are often a problem.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The real problem is the web master. A poorly designed or executed web site is darned difficult to navigate. It is a pity as I really enjoy Lats and Atts.
ps This problem is not the exclusive property of L&A, many web sites are painful to use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.