SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ads on the website are driving me a bit crazy, particularly the auto loading videos for cars I have no interest in buying. I've used ad blockers and such in the past but it seems to be a losing battle.
Is there an ad free option similar to many other sites? I'd happily pay a small fee to get back to something similar to listserv.

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
I grew weary of the time delay when using an ad block I have recently started using Brave, no ads, no slow response!

·
Registered
21,761 Posts
I recently learned of the free ad block data mining. Ironic isn’t it.

The old saying remains true. If you’re not paying, you’re the product. Same as every post you make here.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the ideas, I gave a through cleaning to my mac, reset the safari security and privacy settings and added Ghostery to identify and stop some of the trackers. All the websites are running cleaner and faster (at least for the moment).
Amazing how much crap piled up in a short time, guess it will be like whack a mole going forward.
I'll give Brave a try - interesting name, just a bit better than something called the "best o'luck browser".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts