SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a Del Rey 24, this is a knock off of the Islander Bahama 24, Columbia contender 24. When I got the boat, it was free. The companionway was two sliding panels laying in the cockpit. I need to completely rebuild it. I don't have a clue as to how it goes together except the panels slide together horizontally and are located in the inside cabin. All the woodwork is gone and all I have is these two plywood panels sheeted on both sides with thin metal. Does anyone with an Islander, Columbia or Del Rey 24 have the horizontally sliding companionway? If so would you be willing to send me a couple of pictures so I have an idea of where to start? I will enclose pictures of what I am working with. Thanks..

Attachments

·
islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
I am a retired shipwright and I will be happy to help any way I can I live on my IB 24 Bahama however I will not be able to post pictures till after the weekend I will be back Monday unplugging for a few days

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Newhaul, That would be great. I will be looking forward to your returning and posting some pictures. So far I have kept the weather out but it is a real pain. Of course we haven't had any rain in months here also. Thanks.. ron

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
00u0u_iMIFsuj9L4w_600x450.jpg

drop board2.jpg

I recently completed a partial rebuild of my companionway and drop boards. You can see what I started with and how it looks now. it was fairly easy because I used the old boards as a template and I only needed to re-attach the bottom runner to the boat.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ericb760. Thanks for your response and pics. Your boat is very similar to mine, the companionway is a totally different set up on mine. I have two doors that slide horizontally and are set up on the inside of the cabin. Unfortunately, I don't have any thing to use as a template as all of the woodwork is gone except the two sliding doorsl If I can't find the same set up as mine so I can rebuild mine and keep it original, I will probably use drop boards. Again thanks for the pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts