SailNet Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its always the same dream, & it always starts & ends the same, but what kind of boat?

Its a re-occcurring dream that brings me alot of pleasure..... i sail a boat across the big pond via... burmuda, azores, spain then france.... store her on the hard for winter come back next year drop the stick and spend the summer motoring up the french canals to normandy..... come back next year race her at cowles then sail back home and most likely sale her and buy a pretty little day sailor.... bring back a hot french maid (or at least the costume) never have kids and live happily ever after.... THE END

The question is what kind of boat? 40' minimium, $50K max and sweat equity?
So far quailified boats are: Cal40, Morgan 41 out island, tartan 41, formosa 40, vagabond, ect......

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Sorry, I'm stuck on the visual of a hot french maid without her costume

·
Registered
286 Posts
There is no correct answer to your question. People sail around the world on all the boats you've listed, as well as a hundred that you haven't mentioned. There is no "best" one. It's all a matter of individual choice.

You may wish to take a look at the Seven Seas Cruising Association (SSCA) website. Go to the "Types of Boats" section and read Jack Tyler's post. He offers a ton of useful information about this topic. There is no charge to access their website.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I'm stuck on the visual of a hot french maid without her costume
yea, dats always the best part of my dream & its so real in every detail..... black velvet short skirt, wit white lace front and a small red stain most likely from the rouge vin da pas ..... by the way your boats one a my favs, just not in the budget........

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no correct answer to your question. People sail around the world on all the boats you've listed, as well as a hundred that you haven't mentioned. There is no "best" one. It's all a matter of individual choice.

You may wish to take a look at the Seven Seas Cruising Association (SSCA) website. Go to the "Types of Boats" section and read Jack Tyler's post. He offers a ton of useful information about this topic. There is no charge to access their website.
Thanks Allen, thats a great website, stayed up past 2 lastnight reading Jack's comments, 6am came very early.....

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
..... by the way your boats one a my favs, just not in the budget........
thank you, we got this for 50k, started at 65k, we were offered 60k as is and we said no, been working on the teak, electrical,plumbing,engine and whatever comes up, we'll have her top notch in no time.

So, it's very possible to be within your budget :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you, we got this for 50k, started at 65k, we were offered 60k as is and we said no, been working on the teak, electrical,plumbing,engine and whatever comes up, we'll have her top notch in no time.

So, it's very possible to be within your budget :cool: :cool:
Wow, over 20% off asking price you must be quite the horse-trader...
quik search shows most T37's to be 69K to 120K.... i like everything about that boat, mostly her looks... she would be perfect for going up a french canal loaded down with copius amounts of good, cheap, red wine....

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Wow, over 20% off asking price you must be quite the horse-trader...
quik search shows most T37's to be 69K to 120K.... i like everything about that boat, mostly her looks... she would be perfect for going up a french canal loaded down with copius amounts of good, cheap, red wine....
Nah, no horse trader here; Just the right place, right time, we had been looking almost from the moment we bought a Islander 26, This Tayana was on the market for several months and the PO had his eye on a Catalina,

I think we got possible winner, it's 2 yrs into what I thought would be a " 5 yr take my time makeover and I've enjoyed every minute,well except for that sanitation line replacement deal, that one pretty much stunk :puke

·
Registered
519 Posts
Not to be a wet blanket, but aren't the French canals narrow like those in Britain? I think the max beam for a canal boat in Britain is 8 feet, maybe 9. I have dreamed of doing your trip in a NorSea 27 for that reason.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts