SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best marine product to come on the market in the past few years, Solar Stik, AlgaeX, the Ronca anchor or maybe that brushy thing at the top of your mast that creates a magical energy field around your boat protecting it from lightening? :)

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Cold and Bored?? Find a seat in front of a Fire place, have a Hot Toddy or two and the book "How to Sail Around the World" by Hal Roth. Now you can relax. Oh! also various catalogs & sailing Magazines also. Have another Hot toddy...:D

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I think those are the cause of my semi-incoherent posts thus far today. :)

I was tempted to ask why Hunters are the best offshore boat available today, but I thought better of it for fear of embarrassing us Beneteau owners.
And if you get really incoherent you'll ask why Catalinas are the best offshore boats.:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm bored too and in Minneapolis where it's 29' and snowed last night. Hunters and Beneteaus offshore oh my!!! Best product in last two years? Might be a bit more than two years but Gore-tex sea boots are right up there.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess it wasn't clear that I was being seriously sarcastic by reference to the products I mentioned (which was not intended to be disrespectful to those products, but was an effort to stir the pot based on prior food fights over those esteemed creations).

·
Owner, Green Bay Packers
1,000 Posts
Goldberg, you slacker! Surely not everyone in the New York metro area has yanked their boat out of the water so precipitously? Take a jog over to Bayside, Queens and I'll bet you'll find some boats in the water still. Take one for a sail. Better yet, take the owner along with you!

For my part, a trusty friend and I will be sailing tomorrow on the soon to be frozen waters of Michigan. Obviously the humble trailer-sailer is far better suited to maintaining the interest and equanimity of the serious sailor. Those big BeneHuntalina's just turn into an exercise in scheduling dexterity. Face it, you need another boat. One that truly meets all of your needs, which presumably include sailing! What's your driveway doing otherwise? Access to the garage is vastly over-rated and leaves the impression with wives, and other supernumeraries, that they have need of access to what should rightfully be the boat yard shop.

Get a grip, man. This is nothing that a couple thousand dollars won't solve. You've probably spent that much on monogrammed coffee cups and matching linens for your Bendytoy already! (g)

·
Owner, Green Bay Packers
1,000 Posts
Instead of, "You are here" this should be, "You could be here!".

·
Owner, Green Bay Packers
1,000 Posts
Idk i just took out my boat this morning and it was too cold the ones who havnt are gonna regret it
Your fingers will warm up and then you'll be able to type again, and you'll regret pulling so precipitously! (g)

·
Owner, Green Bay Packers
1,000 Posts
Sway it's 27 degrees here now!!!!
It's 31 degrees here. You want to quibble over a few degrees here or there? It's going to go up into the forties tomorrow. We'll be sailing.

What'd you buy that foul weather gear for, showering on Fire Island? :D

·
Owner, Green Bay Packers
1,000 Posts
bubb,
It helps if you have an enabler like tjk1. (g)

Hehe! He was just over to his boat in Holland, right on the lake shore of Lake Michigan for those of you not from God's private pond and preserve, to strip some stuff off the boat, like the batteries. He found a foot of snow on the hatch and everything frozen closed so solid he feared he'd break something attempting to open the hatch. He'll be happier tomorrow when we go sailing on my boat. I've got all winter to repair an uncooperative hatch if necessary!

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts