SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· first sailed january 2008
1,409 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a website of all the things I need to do to launch from the hard to the water? I'd hate to schedule it and arrive unprepared because there is something I am supposed to know or have done.

I'm trying to take care of making the boat nice, and I assume it's a simple process where they dump me in and say hope your engine starts.

· first sailed january 2008
1,409 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will have to go pretty minimalist since the boat is 360 miles from me. I'll have to go a day or two early is all to get things ready.

I'll have to learn about through hulls. I was told mine were all replaced but my last boat had one and I left it permanently open. (I was always aboard) I don't know what kind I have. I know I have sonar and a depth sounder. So there's definitely more than one.

Paint. One year old. I was going to put on another coat since it is already hauled out but they don't let you paint in the yard I'm in. I would have to be moved to the work yard so I am scrapping that plan.

Rudder. Check. Good idea.

No centerboard. Outboard engine I'm a little concerned about the fuel that's in the tank. I hope he put stabil in it. I will change the oil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.