SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me rephrase that. I am really nervous about sailing Saturday with my friend. We had to put his boat in the water off a crane and it was a huge pain in the ass. Easier with 3 people but kinda hard with only two. We even put the sails on wrong. I still do not remember which sail goes on first, jib or main? Since J22s are race boat it didn't have a backstay so we had to sail through the channel. We almost hit the bridge but turned around and tried passing through again with success. My question is....should we sail through the channel with the jib up too for more power? I was told people should NOT sail through the channel but it can't be avoided with this boat. It was very windy that day and I tied up the jib while not in use and it came loose so I had to go up on the bow to tie it down again. No life jacket and the waves were crashing over me. I got totally wet. Just glad I didn't fall in. LOL. I was laughing when all this was happening. I really do not want to be on the bow in bad weather again please. Good experience I guess.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts