SailNet Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have the newer Jabsco Twist n Lock Manual toilet. It came with our US Yacht 25. Last fall, I winterized it as per the manual. However, I did leave the base plug inserted (think the manual says to remove) after draining the base.

Now, there is a fair sized leak coming frome the base plug area. It has an o ring. However, scouring the internet, looks like the only thing available is the entire base assembly.

So, my question. I did order the base assembly. Should I just install the new base plug, or install the whole base assembly. The head otherwise works ok.

Thanks!
Chris

·
Master Mariner
9,225 Posts
I would put in the new parts and check the old one to see if any can be kept for spare parts. If not chuck it. You might also be able to find out why it is leaking and prevent the damage repeating.

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
If you didn't winterize it correctly, there's a chance your leak is due to a crack in the base. Just replace the whole thing since you already paid for it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Of course I tried the easy way out, first. Removed the old base plug and inserted the new plug. The old one didn't look any worse for wear. However, the leaking stopped.

I'll try it as is for now, can always replace the bottom assembly later. I did get an e-mail from go2marine, which lists the bottom assembly "Kit":

Update for Case #CASE46186 - "Jabasco base assembly- 49060F". Yes you will need that part as well.

Thanks everyone. I'm definitely learning new things as i go. The head was bound to come sooner or later. I'm sure it gets worse than this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts