SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Swab
825 Posts
Reaction score
Anyone got a picture of a good jackline setup? (Smack probably wants to see them too, as our lead BFS aficionado.)

Yellow nylon webbing jack line does not roll under foot. Note hand holds on the dodger frame. Since this picture was taken I have wrapped the SS bars with french hitching and turks heads of tarred seine twine for better grip.

In the cockpit we have two heavy bronze padeyes.

More photos on the web site. Link in the sig.

· Swab
825 Posts
Reaction score
HS,

Vega, where are the jack lines attached on the rear of the cabin? It appears like it is to the teak hand hold/rails. Not the best place from my understanding.

Marty
They are attached to the handrails aft. Note that the handrails on my boat are of solid inch and a quarter teak, through-bolted and backed. Maybe steel or bronze padeyes would be better but this set up works for us. There are plenty of solid points for attachment of a tether and plenty of handholds to grab going forward so we never have to let go or be unclipped to move from the cockpit to the foredeck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.