SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
19,485 Posts
Looks good Larry... can the travelift make it up the hill to the upper yard? are don't they use that anymore?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good Larry... can the travelift make it up the hill to the upper yard? are don't they use that anymore?
Hello, There have been changes to the yard as well. The grade on the hill has been lessend and the boatyard above has been increased in size. The old lift they had to start is still working too. This isn't a commercial , but it's nice to see something working well in a small village like this. Handy too! :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Worked on the old ways (Sorensons) at Lund Marine for years before the cat assisted travel lift. Good to see the town still has some activity.
Yep, Lund has even grown... There's about 350 people here now. hehe...
The shipyard did a lot of business in the summer hauling and repairing busted up boats. Stacey rock at the entrance to Malaspina inlet claimed a lot and still does I guess. Plus a few others I won't name. ;) This is a photo of the old ways I have... https://flic.kr/p/13930170681 We had this old girl up for paint and such.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Great old photo,Larry. I think that's Marvin on the crane and Mark and I welded on the new quarter rub strake. In my profile see Thane on the same ways. Installing shaft and prop to lose my coveted status as a pure sailor. The naked hippie chicks playing ball on the beach in Galley Bay would cause many boaters to be distracted as they ran over the rock. Galley Bay was owned by Sherie Farall before she met Allan. My favourite is Sky Pilot. I always meant to dive on it to pick up the broken propellor blades. Best place for a low tide oyster picnic. Row over with the wine and a shucker .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts