SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the purchase of a used Jeanneau 50DS in the USA and am confused about how the boat deals with 220v / 110v.
I believe all the 50DS's are built in France as 220v boats. Those exported to the US are converted to 110v. (perhaps I'm wrong?) Again from what I can tell this is done via an inverter - so the domestic 110v outlets throughout the boat are supplied from the battery - via inverter? One assumes the domestic AC wiring is of sufficient gauge to handle the higher currents at 110v?
Looks like there is no "real" 110vac on the boat? Shore power connection is 220v, generator output looks to be 220v, A/C units seem to run on 220v.
Does anyone have a wiring diagram that I could look at; any other information also appreciated.

·
Registered
23,425 Posts
While there are plenty of boats that have been converted, if it was built for the US market in the first place, it was designed as 110v.

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
THat is too new of a model to find it at the main Jeanneau.com site. Out of production boats many times have actual owners manuals on line.

You might try asking this at Home | Jeanneau Owners Network Forum you might get an answer from one of the probably 100 or less owners of this boat. Might be more of them made, but not positive on actual quantity.

OR< get on the boat, and see if an OM is on it, then that should have the wiring diagram. OR if it is listed at a new dealer as used, they too should have access to an OM via Jeanneau USA.

marty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts