·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was looking at the Sun Fast 3600 because it- on paper - checked
almost all the boxes.

light displacement
LOA right size
paired down interior but not fully stripped out so I can sleep in it for a couple days
dual rudder
tiller
speedy
some carbon- mast
easy to shorthand- mainly myself on board.
can race or do a regatta if I want- with a crew.
offshore capable- within reason.
no teak on deck
modern look

have you guys heard anything about this model? vs a pogo 10.5 or a Beneteau First 35 Carbon.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Hi,

I like the boat but the interior is too spartan for me. I'm sure it's wonderful under sail, but I would rather have a Bene 36.7 or a C&C 110 (which I own). I'm sure the 3600 is faster. If you can live with the interior then it sounds great.

Good luck,
Barry

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Very cool boat. I would have looked closer but to big for my slip. The dealer in San Diego just got a new bene first 35 in the water. hope to get a look this weekend. the bene has over 6' head clearance but does the Sun Fast 3600? I bought the First 30 over the pogo 30 because of the 6'+ head clearance and the wife wanted a little more interior stuff. but if it was for just sailing the Pogo or the Sun Fast should out sail the bene's down wind. They should plane a lot sooner with the flatter bottom and less weight. the twin rudders are great when sailing but are less maneuverable around the dock. They don't turn as sharp and can't direct the thrust when the boat is not moving. not a big deal when you get use to it. My rudders are transom mounted and that does help a lot when you have as much kelp as we do. I can see the rudders and clean them off easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts