SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Administrator
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please join me in welcoming forum member JohnRPollard as our newest moderator.

John has always been a great voice of reason here on the forum and we at SailNet have nothing but respect for him and are sure he'll be a welcomed asset to the forum.

Thanks

Jeff J

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO

the rumor is true?!?!?!?!

Lord help us all!

congrats John??!?!?!?!we think..............

Marty

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Many thanks to you, John!

David

·
never convicted
482 Posts
lego boat builders rejoice!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yes, we were scraping the bottom of a very thin barrell. Turns out he knows the Illinois Governor, and has a nice checkbook. The lengths some people will got to!!!

Welcome aboard!

- Brian

·
Siren 17
1,984 Posts
Sorry about your luck John, who cheerios did you pee in. Congrats anyway.

·
Ignoring Trolls in 2009
453 Posts
Congrats John,
Wanted to help you out so you don't get typecast as another George W...oops sorry, big red button type of guy.

Michael

Attachments

·
19,489 Posts
I absolutely applaud this choice.. Thanks for stepping in, John! Well done all.

·
Courtney the Dancer
3,971 Posts
JohnR, See what happens when you miss a meeting?

Congrats and thanks for taking the job, I'm looking forward to being moderated.

John

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
Thanks John. Congratulations and condolances :)

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Congratulations JRP...

The power should start its inevitable corruption rather soon... :) JRP, have you started dreaming of the Eye of Sauron yet???

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
John has always been a great voice of reason here on the forum and we at SailNet have nothing but respect for him and are sure he'll be a welcomed asset to the forum.
Why the change in policy regarding mods? :)

What took so long? This was worse than waiting for Hill Clinton to be ordained as S of S.

JRP, thanks for taking on the job. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Please join me in welcoming forum member JohnRPollard as our newest moderator.

Thanks

Jeff J
I appreciate the welcome, and all the humorous replies!:D

I only wanted to add two additional comments: First, that I did not ask or submit my name to be a candidate for moderator. I was contacted and asked if I'd consider helping out. I thought it over and agreed. I really get a lot out of Sailnet -- so this is a chance to give a little back.

Second, I have the highest regard for the work Camaraderie did for all of us during his tenure as moderator. I doubt Sailnet will ever have a more dedicated moderator. I will try to emulate the standard of integrity that he set here. But I definitely will not promise the same level of service he provided -- we've all been spoiled!;)

Here's to you Camaraderie! Thanks for all you've done.

P.S. No money exchanged hands.:D

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I finally got a hold of the taped telephone conversations between Pollard and Cam:

JRP: I'd really like to take over as moderator now that you're moving on.

Cam: You think I'm going to just [bleeping] give it to you, Pollard?!

JRP: Look, Cam, I have a pen in my hand...

Cam: You'd better have a [bleeping] checkbook in the other, you [bleeping] [unintelligible].

JRP: Settle down, Cam... Now, I just need the amount...

Cam: You're [bleeping] right you need a [bleeping] amount! And it better have lots of [bleeping] zeros behind it!

JRP: Okay, okay, okay... how about five zeros?

Cam: How about six [bleeping] zeros?!

JRP: Okay, six it...

Cam: No! Seven [bleeping] zeros!

JRP: Okay, now this is getting ridiculous!

Cam: Seven zeros or that [bleeping] Children's Hospital ain't getting [bleep]!

JRP: This is about the moderator deal, not the childrne's hospital...

Cam: [Really sarcatic] [Bleepity-bleep-bleep-bleep-bleep!]

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
I'm guessing he didn't have enough money in his account to pay off cam, and is resorting to flattery in an attempt to appease the RV mafioso.
I appreciate the welcome, and all the humorous replies!:D

I only wanted to add two additional comments: First, that I did not ask or submit my name to be a candidate for moderator. I was contacted and asked if I'd consider helping out. I thought it over and agreed. I really get a lot out of Sailnet -- so this is a chance to give a little back.

Second, I have the highest regard for the work Camaraderie did for all of us during his tenure as moderator. I doubt Sailnet will ever have a more dedicated moderator. I will try to emulate the standard of integrity that he set here. But I definitely will not promise the same level of service he provided -- we've all been spoiled!;)

Here's to you Camaraderie! Thanks for all you've done.

P.S. No money exchanged hands.:D

1 - 20 of 70 Posts