SailNet Community banner

2261 - 2276 of 2276 Posts

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Just occurred to me that the effect of scientific and technical concepts has had a major damping of the usual turning to spiritual powers while searching for salvation. It used to be so easy to rally the masses to seek herd safety . But today ,with the proliferation of smart phones, the attention span of the herd has been reduced to mere seconds and diffused by random unfocused messages known as false news. Societies ,both religious and political ,need to get back to the basics of 'us against them' .Unite in groups of common belief lead by a self proclaimed chooser of belief . This would reduce individual angst ,give comfort to many ,and allow some to revel in greed and control while uniting groups to overcome or recruit the 'not us' .This devout belief system will allow all to avoid individual responsibility as events just happen.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Just occurred to me that.....Power production and supply of fresh water are falling short of expected needs and will become critical by 2030. Then along comes Corona and everybody washes constantly with hot fresh water. Within months the reservoirs and power stations fail to supply needs and major blackouts become common.If anything can be organized to remedy the shortfalls, citizens will be pressganged into work teams for the greater good. . The only way to avoid forced labour will be to join the masses hiding in the forests and outback territories where lack of facilities causes massive die off due to the disease running rampent. The total breakdown stops global warming in its tracks and only half. the planet becomes unliveable for the few survivors ....Hows that for a silver lining,,,Always optimistic.

·
11,797 Posts
Day three without sports.
Found a lady sitting on my couch.
Apparently she's my wife.
She seems nice.
That’s NO joke😄😄😄😄😄😄

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Running out of TP?? on Amazon,,, the revolutionary new 'Shtick' Some assembly required. Directions included.( sponge goes on the short end) Only $19.99, The whole family can enjoy.Get yours now. Get two, Separate handling fee.. Order now.

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Quip board sign at a Chevron here in Seattle......

I used to cough to hide my pharts,

Now I phart, to hide my coughs!

Sign of the times, in more ways than one......

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Yesterday my wife found a cockroach in the kitchen. Went into a cleaning frenzy, spraying and wiping down. Great job.. Tomorrow I'll put the cockroach in the bathroom..

2261 - 2276 of 2276 Posts