SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking around for a while so, I guess it's time to register. I'm new to sailing and boating. I have a 32 ft Morgan that is in a marina in Oak Island, NC. Most weekends, I'm on the boat either relaxing or more likely working on some kind of boat project.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More to the story. I was sitting at my normal Saturday bar in Kinston NC about 2 years ago when, I began chatting with 2 people from Oriental. Naturally, the conversation turned to sail boats. My interest was peeked enough that I began to look at boats for sale online. I looked at one in the Southport/ Oak Island area. Loved the area but not the boat. I continued to look for boats in that area but, either they were out of my price range or just not right for me. Since I had no boating experience, my searches continued in that area. After searching throughout the summer, I began to search farther out. Eventually, I found one on Camp Lejeune at Sneads Ferry area. By this time, I had gotten to be friends with a coworker who was very experienced and offered to captain it to Oak Island. Since being there, I have met some of the guys who live aboard. I've also been up in the Chair on one of there boats (guess who weighed the least). All in all, it's been a great getaway for my wife and I, from some of the current B/S that's going on back at the home front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts