SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to make a quick post in the intro forum here. Bought my first-ever boat just about 2 years ago, and I'm looking forward to a 3rd season of learning shortly. Got a boat to-do list as long as my leg, but will try not to let that keep me from exploring as much of the Maine coast as possible.

Based in Deer Isle, Maine, we have great access to what is probably one of the best cruising grounds in the world. I try to get out several times a week, if not every day, and my general rule is not to repeat a trip if at all possible. There are just so many great islands to explore, sights to see, and gunk holes to find, that there's just no point in doing the same thing twice.

And just about every time I go out, I learn something new. Sometimes it's a hard lesson (rocks), and sometimes not (sail trim). Been lurking here on SN for a few years and the information provided by members here has been invaluable. I hope to eventually learn enough lessons that I can contribute something useful, but in the meantime, thanks to the admins and contributors who make forums like this possible.

-Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts