4,594 Posts
congrats man!

·
19,488 Posts
Good looking blog!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Looks like a good trip. The pic of the sun (rising), was that Isthmus or Cat Harbor (sun setting)?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I need to do a Catalina Island sail someday.
If you are in SoCal its a must. The amazing thing about it is how untouched it is and how its still a part of nature that modern civilization hasnt tainted. Catalina Harbor was sailed into by Spanish explorers in the 1600s and hasnt changed much since then....amazing.

·
Don't call me a "senior"!
968 Posts
If you are in SoCal its a must. The amazing thing about it is how untouched it is and how its still a part of nature that modern civilization hasnt tainted. Catalina Harbor was sailed into by Spanish explorers in the 1600s and hasnt changed much since then....amazing.
Try the Northern Channel Islands (Anacapa, Santa Cruz, Santa Rosa, San Miguel) some time. They make Catalina look practically paved over in comparison.

·
Kynntana (Freedom 38)
977 Posts
What a great sail! Any time you can avoid going out in 40-knot and 10-ft swells, the better ;-) I stopped at Two Harbors on my way from San Diego to San Francisco. Definitely want to get back to the islands when I have time to explore. Have fun!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts