SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am just starting off sailing. I took ASA101 a couple of weeks ago and i am excited to get out and learn. I just picked up a 1974 O'Day 20 with a few items to fix before I am ready to launch.

1. Looks like the Mast was dropped while stepping putting a 8 degree bend
Pipeline transport Tire Plant Wheel Automotive tire

Wheel Sky Boat Tire Vehicle

Plant Light Automotive tire Green Botany

aft in the mast about 5 feet from the bottom. I am trying to manually straighten in a tension block overnight. I was able to straighten a couple of degrees earlier.

2. I need to replace a Shroud that has a few wires broken at the thread end and is missing the turnbuckle.

I am looking forward to learning more here and sharing my experiences.

·
One of None
Hunter 34
8,992 Posts
The bend in the mast may be intentional which would explain the broken shrouds somebody over tightening or intentionally tightening the rigging to bend the mast. Look up D&R Marine he's the last and only source for Oday and some Pearson parts good luck welcome aboard! SailboatData.com - O'DAY 20 Sailboat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bend in the mast may be intentional which would explain the broken shrouds somebody over tightening or intentionally tightening the rigging to bend the mast. Look up D&R Marine he's the last and only source for Oday and some Pearson parts good luck welcome aboard! SailboatData.com - O'DAY 20 Sailboat
Thank you for the information I will be sure to check him out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts