SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
652 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just keep worrying about the fact that I did not test the coolant in my fresh water system. I bought the boat in the spring of2013 and winterized everything except I made the choice not to check the coolant/antifreeze. Now it has been anywhere from -15 to an average of about 20ish Fahrenheit here in MI. Just hoping I dont have any issues.

· Registered
652 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My first year winterizing and my first bigger boat. I just figured it had been in the same slip for 6 years and is should be good. It will be changed first thing. Tartan 30 with beta 30 with less than 200 hrs on it. Hope I'm good. What do I want to watch for?

· Registered
652 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cool, I figured I had the odds with me. We hit -14 the one morning and I think we have hit below 0*F like nine times. 11*F out right now. The boat has been in MI and Canada for decades now so I'm sure the mix (if any) is good. If anything the coolant is just old. thanks for the replies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.