SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
International Bum
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 89 PSC 37'. I am loading her up and getting ready to truck the boat from Main to Lake Superior (Marquette Mi). While I was at the dry storage this weekend I noticed the seam between what I think is the lead keel and the fiberglass seems to be more pronounced than I remember it. (See attached Pic - it might be upside-down) it is in the leading first 2 feet. I have checked the bolts and don't seem to have any changes from last year. And I didn't hit anything (too hard) last year. Does anyone have any experience with this? Normal? or something to worry about?

Thanks for any feedback.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
According to PSC 1999 this is Normal.I had the same problem and PSC recommended SILFLEX. Th e problem arises because the forward keel bolt isn't far enough forward to grab the keel and the result is this seperation. So far I have had no problem with water or the keel.

S/V SACHEM PSC 37 # 335

·
Registered
248 Posts
When purchasing our PSC, I spoke with Thumper about that issue. Seems they call it the Crealock smile. As stated in some other posts, all you need to do is put something in the crack to fair it and problem solved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts