SailNet Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Pacific Seacraft 34
259 Posts
Wow. That's worth a call to Thumper at PS. He's been able to help us a lot with our boat's history during our refit. If you need his number, send a PM and I'll pass it along to you.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We used an epoxy filler., ran out of time as we need to get the painting going. Next year while waiting out hurticane season we are going to have thumper drop the keel for general maintenance of keel and bolts. It has never been done and she is an 1989 so definitely due. As far as the filler, I'll email thumper and post what he says for future reference. It felt like resin, very hard.
BTB, the boat looks great, rudder, skeg, cutlass bearing, ��. She is such a beauty in and out of the water!!

·
Registered
Pacific Seacraft 34
259 Posts
Interesting. I'll be interested to hear what he says, and to hear about your keel dropping experience! That's quite the project.

Yes, the boats are beautiful, in and out of the water. I noticed that (again) today while I was at the boatyard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey OceanGirl,

Let me know what you come up with. We hauled yesterday and have a nice "smile" of our own.

Our plan is to grind all the way around the hull keel joint and then reglass with four inch tape and fair.

If you come up with something different from Thumper, please let us know.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They just ground the area and faired with some epoxy based fairing compound. No fiberglassing required. we had no fwd keel damage to the lead, no dent or mishape. The aft edge of the keel was perfect( no crack, or pushed up, no sign of movement), so it was just a meter of repairing the fairing compound.
You may not need to glass��

1 - 11 of 11 Posts