SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am a student doing a research project regarding innovation, at Copenhagen Business School. We are working on finding innovative ways for keeping the face dry while biking during the rain. The solution should keep the face dry without obstructing the vision or threatening the safety of the biker. We would really appreciate some of your solutions, given that in sailing you are dealing with the same problem in fighting the waves or the heavy rain.

Thank you all for your cooperation.

·
1977 Morgan OI 30
438 Posts
Full face mask?

I know on motorcycles a full face mask is helpful. A product we use on windshields [RAINEX] may also help. I believe they have a product for plexiglass too. Sailing often deals w salty spray and being a relatively green sailor, I get wet...too much some times!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cross-countried on an old Harley a few years back, I wore a ski-face mask, a throat warmer and a good hat - worked all the way to Alsaka and back. Maybe you need to check a motorcycle site, going as slow as I do - you don't need anything but a good raincoat with a hood and visor.

·
1,000 Posts
Sometimes I use a special face mask...

Sometimes I use another Helmut...

I have this for the guests..(father in law depicted here)...

On my kids, I just cover their eyes...

BUT WHEN IT GETS UGLY...my favorite is The Vader mask

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Keeping your face dry? Being bundled up against the weather, the wind and rain on your cheek will be the only physical weather gauge you will have.
For you will feel the wind before you see it on the anemometer gauges.
But if you want to stay perfectly dry then stay indoors and out of the weather.

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,902 Posts
Boasun - I'm heading down the New Jersey coast to Annapolis next weekend. I'm sorry, but I'll be working my butt off the keep the wind off my face :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts