SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got dropped in today; mast stepped tomorrow; sailing Saturday?

Reactions: jimgo

·
Load Bearing Member
644 Posts
Item 1: Launch then mast step? I've always seen it the other way around; I assumed so that the mast was the only thing moving.

Item 2: My Kerplunk last week was my brother dropping a socket over the side. I have to find out which one it was. He dropped an Imperial but was able to finish with a Metric 7mm, anyone handy with slide rule?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Had a couple Kerplunks myself this weekend, one was a small bolt, no biggy. The other was my 1/2" drill bit at the dock. Guess I'm taking a magnet this upcoming weekend. lol.

With mine, was the same. Launch then step. Mainly because I was going through canals, and have a hinged mast step I installed specifically for it. All depends on the complexity of the mast, I imagine.

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,667 Posts
My boat was splashed 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately, I tore my ACL (on another boat) the same day :(

I have been able to get onto the boat to get the sails on, and a few odds and ends taken cares of, but have not been able to take her out of the slip...

Also managed to donate a new Phillips head screwdriver while installing adjustable battens, and The Admiral donated a ¼" drive socket wrench, 2" extension, and a 7/16" socket, so that the fish can work on the bottom... They're building up quite a tool chest down there....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts