SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be staying in keywest this winter. My question is; is a boat with a 5''10" draft to deep? Are there any marinas someone can suggest I stay or stay away from. I will probably moore the boat unless space is available. Thanks.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi,most slips in Key West are very expensive, if available at all during the high season. The east side of Fleming Key has a new mooring field,that until recently was free. The city now charges for it. $12/day or $152/mo. It''s a little ways from downtown,but you can''t beat the price.
Check Skipperbob.com for the latest info.
Good luck, I hope to be there myself this winter.
Marc

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marc,
thanks for the info. I just got off work and its late so Ill check my notes in the morning but I talked to a marina in keywest and they charge about 135 a month for mooring.(provided you put the mooring in) That will get you one parking space for your car and shower use. Slip space is available for $6 a foot per person. I dont know what this marina is like but plan to fly down and check it out. Do you plan to work while you are there?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi, WORK? Bite you tongue! Although I met someone last trip that did volunter work at the CG station. Sounds interesting.I gave you the wrong address,try this.
http://skipperbob.home.att.net/waterway.htm
Look under latest Key West info,
A mooring could cost $500 or more. You could anchor near Key West Bight, & just pay for dinghy dockage with showers.Let me know how you make out.
Regards, Marc

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By work I mean I bartend and Play guitar. Not at the same time though. Great way to make extra money and meet people. Ill let everyone know where I land. thanks for the info!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts