SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where I can get a shift fork for a kh18 kanzaki transmission, I understand the part is discontinued but throwing it out there anyway.
thanks

·
Mechsmith
240 Posts
I have brazed up the wear pads on a couple of different forks. If its broken and brass (common) or broken and bronze you should be able to repair it.

Steel ones usually have plastic wear pads clipped onto them. They can be replaced with copper and soldered on.

So why do you need a fork? There is probably a misalignment in the transmission if it's worn. Loose pilot bearing or front bearing are the usual suspects. Poorly lined up with the engine crank is another possibility.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just rebuilt the trans with all new bearings and clutch pads, yanmar has told me that the fork is a item that wears in this unit as designed, the part has been discontinued as of 09, I will have it grazed as per recommendation from an engineer that looked at it, it's cast steel, he recommended brazing and having it machined after, any thoughts? thanks for your reply, much appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts