SailNet Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This summer I had the pleasure every weekend of watching kids race in the local regattas and it got me thinking about how proud of them I am. So many kids these days do nothing but sit home and watch tv or play games. Here are these kids out there every weekend competing, honeing their skills and making better people of themselves. They don't all win and some do better than others but in my mind they're all winners every day. Lets give them a big hand to show them how proud we are of them.:) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Very well said.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Well said... too many kids just don't spend the time outdoors that earlier generations did. :)

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Well, with cam, not much, since his options are rather limited... :):laugher:laugher
Makes you wonder what else they do in them things.:D

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
When the kids are racing. Do they carry water balloons in their boats, in order to splash their competition as they sail by??
Throwing water balloons from a boat is illegal in California now...Darn it!!
Wonder of a broadside of paint ball cannons would work?? :D

·
2002 Catalina 270
1,584 Posts
I'm very proud that there is a new fleet of Optimists in Oriental. Although i'm not involved with them at all, the kids seem very excited about learning to sail. I've passed them on the water several times and they all look like they are having a blast out there.

Here is a link that gives info about the program offered in Oriental... Now all we need is for Fred to come over and teach them a thing or two!!! :)

Youth Sailing Program | Oriental NC

another link about the new fleet of Optimists:
Youth Sailing Program Starts Monday | TownDock.net | Oriental NC News

·
1,000 Posts
Hey..I know a kid here that races in Optimists....

He is young and willing...he is a good boy, does good in school, and makes me very proud...

I'll tell him to come here tomorrow and read this thread...he had school work today and missed it..OK??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts