SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am in desperate need of a strut for a 1980 or so Kirby 30. Strut was taken off to be repaired and lost by shop....so now the owners are calling and have sold the boat..thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re your replacement strut, most replacement struts today (including the one on my Kirby 30 hull #8) are fabricated as a stainless weldment where the original was a bronze casting. There are one or two on the internet who make them. usually welding a piece of pipe (into which the cutlass bearing is driven) onto a solid SS riser. The riser is suitably ground teardrop beforehand. Good luck........ Francis Tibbetts

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
This post is over 6 years old, I'm sure he found it by now.

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Any reason you're raising dead threads??? This is the second of Kirby 30 thread that you've revived from the dead...
francist said:
Re your replacement strut, most replacement struts today (including the one on my Kirby 30 hull #8) are fabricated as a stainless weldment where the original was a bronze casting. There are one or two on the internet who make them. usually welding a piece of pipe (into which the cutlass bearing is driven) onto a solid SS riser. The riser is suitably ground teardrop beforehand. Good luck........ Francis Tibbetts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts