SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

ex-Navy
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time I was through Knapps Narrows I hit bottom (in the channel on the bay side) I was sailing a Tartan 37C which draws 4ft 2 in and with Enchantress drawing 6 ft 1 in I haven't even tried. Wondering if anyone with a deep-draft boat has gone through lately and how they've fared. with the board up.
Going around Black Walnut Point adds considerable distance especially:confused: if the wind is uncooperative.
Also wondering how close I can cut Black Walnut Point charts seem to indicate I can get very close

October Moon B43
They dredged the channel two years ago and I believe it's still plenty deep. As for rounding Black Walnut Pt I'd pay close attention to the charts as it's very shallow all around the point for at least 1 mile out. We made the trip returning from Oxford in June and the point was loaded with crab pots on the bay side.
Mike

Banned
We just came through last weekend and didn't see anything less than 7.

Registered
We too where thru Knapps Narrows..even spent the evening at Knapps Narrows Marina a couple of weeks ago. No probs for our 5 +/- ft draft..

By-the-way..anyone been on the Poplar Island project tour that originates from Knapps Narrows? I understand it's a three hour and free tour.

Regards,

Clay
s/v 'Tango'
Kent Narrows, Md.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.